What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Wish I Could Save You

I wish I could gather all of you up
All the broken and the lonely
The ones whose problems aren’t great enough to host a benefit dinner
Or a televised special.
No, the small problems.
The problems that shake the outer fringe of suburbia.
The ones that don’t look too bad
But are the worse pain I’ve endured.
I wish I could take you all
All of you living somewhere between falling apart
And stitching together a normal life.
And I would hold you.
Tell you your problems are real and valid.
Don’t let anyone tell you that the things that break you down
Aren’t actual pain, aren’t actual a big deal.
Because when its all you know
It kind of is a big deal.
And I wish I could help you.
I wish I could save you.
But first I need to save myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment