What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I am Not a Ten

I am not a ten.
 I am not even a seven
 but those arbitrary numbers that so many seem to lean on
are based on the outside.
 On the outside a house may appear nice,
 But it’s the inside that determines if a house is a home.
So a girl may be drop dead sexy
 But it’s not appearances that make a woman.
 It’s how she acts,
How she treats herself.
 What she thinks of beauty and what she wants from life.
 Do you really want a girl who’s spent her whole life in a store?
In a salon spending money she never had to work for?
 I may not be a seven
But I’ve fought fights harder than who gets to own the designer shoes.
I've laughed more than at the cookie cutter comedies and people out of fashion.
 I've learned more than what’s in style and how to swipe daddy’s credit card.
So I won't apologize for not being a ten
For not being a seven
  I’m worth more than a number
And I’m just looking for a man who sees reality
 rather than the price tags girls put on themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment