What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, October 14, 2011

I am a Lady

Boy,
Yes, BOY, not man, not gentle sir,
BOY, you’ve got a few things to learn.
There is a difference between females, girls, and ladies.
I am a lady.
I was raised by a lady
Who was raised by a lady
Who was raised by a long line of other ladies.
You say “girlssssss do this.
You are a girrlllllllllll so you must be this way.”
Excuse me?
I am a lady!
I may not always cross my legs,
But I sure as hell tuck my ankles.
I may burp at times
But never in front of strangers.
I may prefer to dress in jeans and t-shirts.
But I know how to look like a lady and not some hooker.
It is blatant to me
That a BOY like you
Doesn’t understand the idea of a lady.
So let me lay it out for you.
A lady does not make judgments about people because of “scientific studies”.
A lady graciously accepts when she is in the wrong.
But does not put out her righteous anger when she is so clearly in the right.
A lady respects all human beings even those who cannot understand what she is.
A lady is good, kind, honest, fiery, unexpected, and imperfect.
So BOY, I am not saying that I’m perfect
I’m saying I’m a lady and you better recognize!  

No comments:

Post a Comment