What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Not Your Shoulder, Not Your Crutch

I am not going to be your shoulder.
I am not going to be your crutch.
I am saying this as just as much for me as for you.
Because you don’t know it but that tugging on your wrists?
Darling, that’s my heart strings.
I looped them round when you weren’t lookin
And I swore I’d never cut them off.
Well I wish I had.
Wish before you stretched them far into the country of the big sky
That I would have used these little scissors to cut them short.
Because I can feel you tugging.
The dance of your hands half way round the world
Causing this old woman heart to kick like a mule whose never known the bridle.
So I’ll cross my legs, dig in deep and repeat to me myself and I this mantra:
I am not your shoulder.
I am not your crutch.
Your problems are your own.
And though I do care about you
I can not solve them for you.
And for us both to make it out alive
I can’t even help you.
So mind this hum inside my chest and along those wires round your wrists
I can’t help but sing it morning noon and night
Because that’s how often I wish it was different.
But it’s not
It’s still the same.
I am still her and you are still him
But I will not be your shoulder.
I will not be your crutch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment