What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Climbing Mountains

I’ve got calves that could hike Mount Everest.
Thick taught muscles filled with the momentum of a thousand mountains.
I’ve hiked up and down the hills of that Southern California town.
I’ve trekked the mountains of the empty lands of Idaho.
I’ve even ventured out and strode across the green hills of Maine.
But this hike is threatening to cancel out my work.
It’s threatening to cause me to lose all my strength.
This uphill excursion that not only tests my muscles
But also the strength of my stitched up heart.

So here I am.
Pack full of all the dreams and the hopes I crafted
Muscles straining leaning into this incline
And I’m sure I’m going to make it.
I’m a third of the way up this mountain face
And I’m sure I’m going to make it.
I can see the point from which I started
And I’m never going back.
This mountain may be tall.
And the climb it may be steep.
But I will never
No, never
Give up this climb I’m on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment