What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Taste of the Earth

You want to absorb.
You want to pull the world up from the roots and dangle it over your mouth eating soil and all.
You want to run your fingers along the train tracks and feel the locomotive ride your spine to nirvana.

Well I want to absorb,
And I want to pull,
And I want to run my fingers, but not against the world.

I want to absorb my soul.
Drink up the meaning that is to be myself
Stab that juice box straw inside my heart and swallow up my own essence.
I want to pull out my insides.
I want to flip myself completely inside out
So I can know what it is that lives inside me.
I want to run my fingers around the backs of my eyes so I can see what it is I’m not seeing.

It’s great you want to dive into a big fat pool of the everybody and soak it all in,
But I want to be sure I know who I am first.
I want the words that come spilling out of my mouth
To be the words I forged in my intestines and my liver and my kidneys.
I want to be sure that every letter is written with my own name.
Because theres enough lost artists out there.
Too many with arms wide open begging the knowledge of the universe to take habitat in their mind.
 Expecting the words to come perfect once they’ve understood the world perfectly.
But I learned this from my mother
And she’s the best teacher I’ve ever known.
Once you know yourself
The world will take care of her own.
Because it’s when yourself free
That the world is at your fingertips.
Yes I want to taste the world
But I’ve got to feast with me first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment