What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Never Had You

I tell lies about you to strangers.

I tell them you were mine.

That for a moment, however brief, you were mine.

That at some point I had you.

Because it’s easier to say that

Than explain the way I adored you.

Would have given you my everything

Fought for you

And I never had you.

You were never mine.

And I understand that and I’m sorry

for tacking your name onto mine for the thousandth time.

But it’s easier to say I had you

Than to explain how I never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment