What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Envious Poet

Sometimes I want your words.
Your gracefully arched
Subliminal message
Not sure how the dots connect
Words.

And here I am
Using personal pronouns
Each poem describing something specific in my life
While you’ve got this art.
This art of high-browed
Beauty.

And I read what you’ve barely splashed across the page
And I’m blown away
Reading and rereading what you
Dreamed up on your coffee break.
But I can sit here
Hours upon the hours
And use clichés and tired phrase
And feel completely inadequate.

So sometimes I want your words.
Your words I know will be printed across
The minds of thousands of people one day.
But mine…
Mine are mine.
They are what I dreamed up over those hours.
They are what I chose from my box of tools
To spread the sound.
To spread the noise that has been buzzing round my head.
Triggered by the events that I can feel.
The solid world in which I dwell.
So sometimes I may want your words
But I am proud of mine.
Proud of mine just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment