What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sadness on the Bookshelves

Sometimes when I see all the books in the world

I get sad.

I get sad because no matter how hard I try

No matter how fast I read.

Some of them will be left behind.

Some of the blood, sweat and tears the writer poured into the book

Will count for nothing to me.

I will not know the exquisite detail they put in

Or the line that launched a thousand idea ships

And I won’t be able to tell them one day

YES!

YES!

I read your book.

Because if anyone tells you they read your book

It’s like standing on top of the world.

It’s like breathing cotton candy flavored oxygen as you float in a kumquat colored sky.

Books are pieces of the people who wrote them

And they become pieces of the people who read them

And there are some I will never know.

And sometimes

Sometimes, that makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment