What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Under Your Thumb

I hate the way you yank on this choke collar.

The way it’s do or die.

Listen up or I cut off the oxygen.

I cut off your life’s blood.

I hate the way I can feel this collar cutting into my skin.

I can feel it chaffing at my creativity.

I hate the way I need you more than you need me.

I hate the way I can look at you with such hate and contempt but no matter what I do

I cannot let this tongue fly.

I cannot spit out this anger that’s clogging up my throat.

As I suck what oxygen I can from between the words of hatred I have for you lodged in my trachea

I still serve you.

I still answer and honor you.

It disgusts me.

It makes my stomach turn the way I’ve got no choice.

Everything about you makes me sick but here I am.

Still under your thumb.

Someday

I’m going to cut your freaking hand off.

No comments:

Post a Comment