What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ode to Rexburg

I swore I’d never miss you.

I swore I’d never care.

I swore it was your teeny tinyness

That kept me hating you there.

I swore I wouldn't feel bad

When I up and left you there

I swore it wouldn't hurt my heart

I was too callous now too care.

At times I screamed and shouted at you.

Deep obscenities thrown to the air.

At times I cried and wept for you

For you had no idea what was out there.

Oft I mocked and ridiculed you

Saying you knew nothing at all.

That something with such grandiose ideas

Turning out to be so small.

That you were worth nothing

Compared to what I’d known.

But it was in your heart

That I was truly shown.

Shown what it meant to love

The life that life itself had dealt.

And in the smallest tiny places

The greatest things are felt.

And though I swore I never would

I look back on our times quite often.

Because it was in a place like Rexburg

That my heart began to soften.

No comments:

Post a Comment