What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Heroics

I have a hero.

A hero without muscles or swords or fists.

A hero who taught me more about strength than hercules and atlas and every warrior ever knew.

With her wide soft hands she took my heart and molded it.

Used her kind cool voice to teach me.

Used her gentle chastisement to teach me more than anything.

The way she shielded me from the harshness of the world

but showed me how cruel it could be.

She never closed her door or her window

and let me see the things I needed to see.

She let me push against the walls and boundaries and the rules

and let me fly when it was needed most to fly.

She taught me to serve, to laugh, to love, to hug, to smile when everythings hit the fan, to stand when the rest will sit, to be myself regardless.

She taught me never to judge, never to hate, never to give up, never to scorn, never to let someone leave, never to give up, never let the scars keep me from loving.

The scars are there, they are visible to the world

but little girl its those that made you stronger than most the world.

Be yourself even though its not easy,

but especially when its not easy because thats when it matters most.

She told me she loved me and cared and that is what matters most.

Knowing that she loved me was more important than everything else.

And though my hero doesn't swing a sword or throw an axe or beat a foe

she's the strongest person I have ever known.

And though its been years these words still echo in my ears

"its either kill yourself or be happy"

and she chose and she taught me

its the strong who choose happy

No comments:

Post a Comment