What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Monday, April 18, 2011

The New Neighborhood

I went on a walk today.

Not around the familiar streets I frequented as a child,

But around these new age streets with their new age glow.

Sure they had the same old picket fences.

Had the same old broken toys.

Had the same old ever growing grasses

Had the same old perennial flowers.

But they weren’t the streets I knew.

Weren’t the streets I swear are drawn across my palms.

And I think that’s okay.

I think its alright that I don’t have all the answers anymore.

I think it’s alright that I’m not smack dab in the middle of it all.

I think it’s alright that I’m still figuring out this place.

Because today I got lost.

And sure my breath caught in my chest, not knowing where I was

But I found it again and called this place home for the very first time.

So I walked these new age streets with their new age glow.

New words scrawled along the sidewalk

New lights hanging up above

New trees that shade where these same old feet slap against the pavement.

And I let the breath of California air I was holding in,

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment