What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Friday, April 15, 2011

I'd like to Know

I can't say I know what love is.

I can't say I know what it feels like when you adore someone and they adore you just the same.

I can't say I know what it feels like to touch someone’s skin and have them get chills because my fingers are like bolts of electricity to them.

But I can tell you I know what it feels like to want that.

I know what it feels like to be so hungry for the touch of a certain man that you'll go to all the wrong men just for a taste.

I know what it’s like to starve for someone’s gaze,

To be so enamored that you ignore the things that piss you off in most people.

I know what that feels like.

I know that one sided love song contest, that one sided whispered conversation, that one sided screaming match.

Yes I know what it feels like.

And I know what it feels like to look over your shoulder and see the past and the turn to look to the future and not see anything changing anytime soon.

I know how it feels to want to know how some things feel.

To know for the purely Academic reasons of course.

And I know that you all know that’s a lie.

I want to know what gravity is and what it is to be two moons orbiting around each other.

I want to know what it is to be a puzzle piece inside the puzzle not jumbled in the box.

I want to know what it feels like to have a soundtrack someone else writes.

I want to know. Can you show me?

I mean I can comprehend a lot.

I can understand a lot.

I'm eager to learn and school has always come easy.

What can I do to convince you to be my teacher to be my tutor my professor?

I'd really like to know these things and I’ve been reading books since I was born trying to find it.

But everyone says it’s something else.

I've heard love is fire and love is ice.

I've heard its sugar and it is the spice of life.

I've heard it opens doors and it blocks you off, but I want to know for sure.

So could you teach me?

I'd like to know

No comments:

Post a Comment