What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Well Amanda and Emily both have goals to write more. Amanda wants to write a poem and a half a day for the next year, while Emily wants to write for National Write a Novel Month (NaNoWriMo), which is usually in November, but she is going to do it from now until her mission on May 18th. Here is were you can follow us in our goals! Leave comments, encouragement, and what ever else you feel like.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

(2/2) Loony

My brain scares me.

It scares the living daylights out of me.

And there is no way to take it out.

To look around it and make sure it’s alright.

No I have to have it in my head until the day I die.

I’m scared it’s broken.

I’m scared it’s unfixable.

I’m scared one day it will turn out this has all been

Seen from a screen that’s had the colors adjusted.

I’m scared one day to find out

That what I thought was blue was green.

That everything I’ve seen

Is really just the delusional drabble

That got me in this scramble.

Just like my father, and his father before

Going back through time and the time before

That I am crazy.

Crazy as a daisy.

Exactly!

How does that even make sense?

Crazy as a daisy?!?

Am I manic?

It’s got me in a bit of a panic?

Is this just the high before the crash?

Are all my dreams about to get dashed?

I don’t know.

I can’t know.

Well I can, but I’m too scared.

Too scared that they’ll assure me

Yes, yes you are insane.

Yes you are slowly going to lose it.

Yes you need pills to see the world like a regular person.

You need to stop seeing the world your way,

Now come away.

Come away to these white walls.

Come away to staunch cotton collars.

Come away to a life with a pill under your tongue and a break in your heart.

I’m scared that they’re going to say

You’re eccentricities

Are causing tragedies

Where some need not apply.

The upside down view you have

Is more than bad.

It’s awful by and by.

So I’m scared.

I’m scared some shrink will peer in through my ear.

Saying look, look here.

It’s right there, yes a spot on your brain.

A spot that makes you happy when it rains.

A spot that cause you to dance.

A spot that makes you roar

A spot that makes you more

Than different.

More than different.

More than different.

Wrong.

I’m scared there’s something wrong.

Something wrong with me.

I'm scared I'm going Loony.

No comments:

Post a Comment